Crowdfunding Request Procedures & Form
Greeneville City Schools Crowdfunding Procedures
Crowdfunding: The practice of funding a project or venture by raising money from a large number of people who each contribute a relatively small amount, typically via the internet. Examples: GoFundMe, Donors Choose, Kickstarter, Adopt A Classroom, etc. *Please note, the only Crowdfunding platform permitted at this time is DonorsChoose.org*
- Determine your need and the availability of local funding.
- Collaborate with your Principal and/or Bookkeeper to determine if school level funds are available for this purchase.
- If your Principal determines that school level funds are not available for your project, your Principal will work with Central Office Staff to determine any availability of District funds.
- Should no District funds be available, crowdfunding may be considered upon approval from your Principal and Central Office
- Obtain approval for your crowdfunding project from your Principal and Director of Schools.
- Submit your Crowdfunding Request Form. You will be notified of your approval or denial by your Principal and/or Director of Schools by a member of the GCS Finance Department Staff. If your form is approved, you may proceed with your Donors Choose Crowdfunding Project.
- When you receive your Donors Choose items, they will become part of your GCS Property Inventory listing.