Special Programs » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

1.  How do I develop the correct program for my special needs student when enrolling him/her in Greeneville City Schools? 

You may find answers to your questions about programing in two different ways.  First call the individual school in which you wish to enroll your child or call the special education department at Central Office (423-787-8009).  Programming is always developed on an individualized basis.  Please have the following information available when discussing programming:

  • Name of School previously attended along with city and state 
  • Previous school records
  • Current IEP
  • Current eligibility report stating handicapping condition 
  • Current psychological

2.  I have a child between the ages of 3 and 5. If I suspect that my child may have a disability what should I do?

If you feel like your child has a disability and would like him/her to be evaluated, please call Greeneville City Schools at 423-787-8009. A part of the special education program requirement is that we identify students as early as possible. It is important to complete an evaluation and start services, if needed, early to best benefit each individual child.