Insurance (2023 Plan Year)
Annual Open Enrollment for 2022 Begins October 1, 2022
Click Here for the Edison Portal (The site will not be available for insurance selections until enrollment opens on October 1st)
Click Here for Edison Password Reset Instructions
Click Here to view the Annual Enrollment Newsletter from Benefits Administration
NEED TO MAKE MID-YEAR CHANGES?
Health Insurance Changes (Qualifying Life Events) Contact us at 787-8008 or [email protected] for assistance.
Please complete the health insurance change form by clicking on the link below. When completing the form, be sure to select the boxes appropriate to your selections. Selection boxes are not all highlighted, but may be clicked on and completed. For more information on our health plans, select the documents to the right.
Please be sure to complete all required areas (even if they are not highlighted)
1.Type of Action (Choose Change or Terminate Coverage)
2. Participants Affected (Choose Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
3. Reason for Action (If "other" type short description to the right side of the box)
4. Enter All Employee Information (including Gender & Marital Status - SS# will not be collected)
5. Choose your Plan Option
6. Choose your Carrier (You must select your current carrier...carrier can only be changed during open enrollment)
7. Choose your Premium Level
8. Enter any dependent information (if applicable)
9. Select Accept or Reject
*You will still need to provide supporting documentation to HR regarding any changes. Please contact us at 423-787-8008 to discuss which documents are required. You may also refer to page 2 of the form for more information.
MEDICAL INSURANCE OVERVIEW:
Employees must choose a Plan and a Network
- Premium Rates are located in the green area to the right.
- Current year rates are effective through December 31 each year.
Medical Insurance PLAN Choices (Summaries)
1. Premier PPO -Higher premiums – but lower out-of-pocket costs for deductibles, copays and coinsurance.
2. Standard PPO - Lower premiums than the Premier PPO – but you’ll pay more out-of-pocket for deductibles, copays and coinsurance.
3. Limited PPO - Lower premiums than the other PPOs – but you’ll pay more out-of-pocket for deductibles, copays and coinsurance compared to the other PPOs.
4. CDHP (Health Savings Plan) - Lowest premiums – but you pay your deductible first before the plan pays anything for most services, and then you pay coinsurance, not copays. The CDHP Plan comes with the option to contribute to an HSA.
Medical Insurance NETWORK CARRIER Choices
1. Blue Cross Blue Shield Network S
2. Cigna Local Plus
3. Cigna Open Access Plus (an additional surcharge applies)
4. Blue Cross Blue Shield Network P (an additional surcharge applies)
It is always important to check with your physician to be sure they participate in the Network you have chosen.
The carriers' covered services are generally the same whether you choose BlueCross BlueShield or Cigna. For some procedures, different medical criteria may apply based on the carrier you select. For detailed information on covered services, exclusions and how the plans work, view the insurance carriers' member handbooks, available on the Benefits Administration website. If you have questions about medical criteria for a specific service, contact the carriers’ member services.
*NOTE: The information in the online searchable directories is only applicable for the current plan year. Information in printed directories are only 100 percent accurate the day it is sent to print. Providers and facilities in the carriers' networks can change. You can always check network status of your preferred providers by calling BCBS or Cigna member services.